Muttface is a premium dog treat made from spent grain, flour, and peanut butter. It brings the joy of brewing to those who should not imbibe and who definitely should not consume hops. There’s nothing stopping humans from eating them either—aside from societal norms, but we at Emperial Brewing aren’t all that concerned with those anyway.
8 cups spent grain (wet, but not soaking)
4 cups flour
3 cups peanut butter
1. Mix all the ingredients thoroughly. The mixture should make a pliable dough. If the dough is soggy, add more flour.
2. Roll out the dough and use cookie cutters to cut out treats in the shape you want, or roll the dough into small balls roughly 1/2″ in diameter.
3. Place the treats on baking sheets, and bake them at 350° for 20 minutes, turning half way through.
4. Bake the solidified treats again between 200-250 degrees for 2+ hours or until bone dry.
5. Package the treats.
6. Feed the treats to your favorite mutt(s).